Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Making Good Choices

I am still struggling... a lot. I have not gone back to my doctor which is very bad. I have, however, had three very successful days full of good choices. I have come to the conclusion that I can only eat thick liquids/soft foods before dinner time. I have been having protein shakes for breakfast every morning and soup for lunch. If I try to eat something more substantial.. I get stuck and puke. Then I am starving and eat ice cream because it is the only thing I can get down. I feel like there are more and more things I can't eat.

I am not happy with my band and have been talking about other options with my husband. I feel like this just isn't the way it should be working. My doctor seems hesitant to take out any fill because he is worried I will gain weight. I am still 22 lbs up from my lowest low.

Life, however, is just life as usual. I am enjoying all other things my life has to offer. I am more concerned with health than weight at this time... thought i would like to get back down to my low.

Anyway, best to all of you!

3 comments:

Grizzlyrider said...

You need an unfill, you have the classic symptoms. If you are eating ice cream and slider food because you cannot eat proper protein, etc. you will gain weight. Just a small one should do it.

Sam said...

Yep, that sounds like you need an unfill, I would be explaining that you are basically on liquids and ask for the small unfill. You should be able to eat reall food. Good luck!

Mine and Betty's Lapband Journey said...

This is basically how I feel RIGHT now, 5 years post op. Usually I can't eat before 2-3pm but for some reason for the last week or so I haven't been able to eat before 7-8pm, which is bad!!!