Saturday, July 18, 2009

Update for today

So, I saw the family practice doctor on Thursday to have her fill out all the paper work for the surgeon. I needed surgical clearance as well and a referral letter. I have been talking to the doctor for some time now about this... I am not sure if she thinks Lap Band is a cop out or if she is just really that cautious. She wouldn't give me clearance until I saw the cardiologist. Fortunately, the cardiologist works out of the same office and was able to see me on Friday. The down side is that he decided it would be good for me to have a stress test so that I would have a good base line to compare my future results too. Fine... whatever... the bad part was that they couldn't get me in until August 10th. So... this pushes back everything. I was really upset about it on my way home, but then I started thinking, this will give me more time to recover from my pilonidial cystectomy. I will also be able to enjoy my summer and travel as planned, and it is good to have all these tests done. So, as of now I am dealing with it. I am thinking I will call to see if there are any cancellations so I can get in earlier though.

No comments: