Monday, July 16, 2012

Post Op Visit with Surgeon

Friday I had my post op visit with my surgeon.  All was well and he pretty much said I could go back to normal life.  I am still a little tender on my incisions where they rub against the waist of my pants but that is all.  We discussed where we go from here and I will be having the sleeve in December.  My insurance is a little bitch and requires me to do 6 months of dieting before my revision.  Seriously... I couldn't do it before the band... I won't be able to do it now.. but whatever.  However, I shouldn't loose any weight (you know that BS), so I am on the maintenance track.

It is good in the way that I will not have to take time off of work because I already have 3 weeks of vacation.  Since I started at my current place of employment (5 years ago) I have had 4 surgeries.  One of which I was off work for 2.5 months.  I am really pushing my luck here, though they have been very good.  I am also a little relieved that I have time to let my stomach rest a little. 

On the eating from... I can't say I can tell much of a difference on the hunger front.  My band really never did stop my hunger.  I can tell a big difference in volume.  I can eat a lot... without chewing.  I have had a lot of sandwiches in the past couple weeks.  I have also had Chinese food (not as good as I remembered) and a burger and fries (better than I remembered).  I am eating lots of raw fruits and vegetables which I ate very few of during my banding because they gave me trouble.  I am hopeful that the sleeve will allow me to continue eating the raw fruits and veggies because it is great for my body and soul.  :)

Right now I am just focusing on living me life.  Seems there are more folks in blog land talking about sleeve conversions, it is funny how things seem to trend.

Take care all!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad you are doing well! I miss raw fruits and veggies!!

adorkbl said...

Glad you are doing well!

Amy said...

Glad to hear you are doing well! I am on the sleeve revision train right there with you - although hoping to do it in one surgery (knock on wood!)

Ryan.Perry said...

Great post! Keep up the hard work! One thing I’ve found to be extremely helpful and useful as a supplement to my current diet/exercise plan is Fullbar (www.fullbar.com). Not only do their products help you lose weight, they also help you maintain your weight loss.

Roo said...

Glad to hear that your recovery is going well. It's only been 2 days since I had my band removed and even though I am only on liquids, I can feel the difference already. I can gulp water without gurgling!!!!LOL.. I have made a list of foods that I want to eat before I get the sleeve. I am having mine sleeve done in 2 months (insurance is different in oz) and I am just going to focus on getting my tummy healed and healthy before I have it sliced off. Good luck with your recovery!

Lynda said...

I still have my band, but all the fluid was removed about 2 months ago. I ate nothing but fruit & sandwiches for 2 weeks! I am hoping that the sleeve will allow me to eat a more balanced diet.