Thursday, March 28, 2013

A normal day of eating

 I am able to eat more these days and I wanted to post what an average day of eating would look like.  Today will be a pretty good example.

Breakfast: 1 cup of multi grain cheerios and 1 cup of organic skim milk

Lunch: 1 of those tuna lunch to go kits with the tuna packet and 6 crackers

Snack: 1 Pure Protein Chocolate Shake (I am still doing 1 protein shake a day and don't plan on stopping)

Dinner: Salad with 3 cups mixed greens, 2.5 ounces of chicken, .5 ounces of dried cherries, 1/8 cup pecans, and 2 tablespoons lite poppy seed dressing. (I may not be able to eat all this)

And, lots of water.  The entire day is about 940 calories, 83 grams of protein, 31 grams of fat, 90 carbs, and 1240 sodium

Some may be surprised at how much I eat or the way I eat (not low carb) but my doctor does not believe in low carb, he likes balanced eating.  As long as I am eating 900-1000 calories and 60 grams of protein I am meeting his guidelines.  The best part is... I feel pretty normal.  I am not deprived and can eat most things in moderation.

3 comments:

TracyZ said...

I wish I could eat those portions! I could eat more than just the protein :) I have been able to start getting some veggies now that I am up to 2 ounce portions.

My doc only cares about the protein. 60 grams per day. If you can do that and eat other stuff too (carbs included), he's good with it.

Theresa said...

You're doin great, keep it up!

Barbara said...

That is great and reasonable ... keep your great journey going!!