Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Week 8 Weigh In

I had a really good week this week.  I lost 4 lbs.  This brings me to a total of 36 lbs lost.  I am very pleased with this week.  I have been exercising regularly and eating well.   I will post some pictures this week.  I just got a new phone and hopefully that will improve my picture taking. 

I have been thinking a lot lately about how the sleeve is different while similar to the Lap Band.  I am not going to lie, I like my sleeve way better.  One of the best parts is that if I eat a little too much I just get a uncomfortable full feeling for about 20 minutes but that is it.  With my Lap Band I would have thrown up.  I also never get "stuck".  This is probably the best part of all.  So far I can eat anything but just in really small amounts.  I am on a pretty normal diet now and even bready things and pizza I can eat, just not a lot of it.  I get full way faster but I don't get stuck or have that, "o shit I'm gonna puke" feeling.  I also have really fantastic restriction which I never had with my Lap Band.  One thing that was better with my band was the length of time I stayed full.  It seems I was able to eat and stay full for 3 or 4 hours while with my sleeve it is only a couple hours.  However, I was also eating more at one time... so I am sure that all evens out.

At this point in my losing I am pretty much on par with what I was losing with my band.  However, with my band it was all will power.  Now I just can't physically eat much.  I am very happy with my decision and delighted with my weight loss so far.  I am feeling better each day and know I will really enjoy my slimmer body this summer.  Things are already so much easier not carrying around the extra weight.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah for sleeves - love mine, too!