Friday, August 16, 2013

Week 30/ 7 Month Update

There is good news and there is bad news this week.  The good news is that I lost 2 lbs of the weight I gained on vacation.  The bad news is that I didn't lose all the weight I gained.  The goodbad news is that I lost 3 lbs in the last month.  That is not very stellar at all, but it is still 3 lbs.  I would like to lose at least 4 lbs a month.

The summer is always a much harder time for me to lose weight.  People always say summer is ideal because there is fresh produce and you are outside more and blah blah blah.... but for me, it is a much more social time of year.  We travel, take vacations, attend parties, and just do more stuff.  This month is also my husbands birthday and our 10 year anniversary.  We aren't planning on doing anything big but there will be some special meals I refuse to deny myself.  My husband is a teacher and he is home in the summer... something happens when we aren't on a normal schedule.  We eat much less ideal.  So, he goes back to school the first week of September and that is when things are going to get real for me.  Don't get me wrong... I am going to try to stay on track and lose some weight in the next few weeks.. but I expect the serious work to begin in September.  I would like to be 175 by October 5th.  That seems like it should be doable.  That is roughly 8 lbs in 7 weeks.  But to actually get there I need to start kicking ass and taking names.

The other piece of good news... I am wearing an adorable dress today.  It is an xl and I am working it.  It makes me very happy.

Have a good weekend all!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Okay, trying for a 3rd time to post a comment...something hasn't been working the previous times.

I agree being on a schedule is much easier, my girls go back to school on Mon and I'm excited for some more routine!

Beth Ann said...

I also think summer is harder. But anytime things aren't in a normal routine, things go awry for me! :)

Barbara said...

You are doing fantastic. Don't you just love the feeling of new clothes!!!