Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back to therapy...

I am a therapy hopper. I never stay, but I always go back... to someone new. This time I am seeing a therapist who deals only with eating disorders and eating related issues. (ME) I decided to go back because the longer I am on this weight loss journey, the more challenging I am finding things. Not just the weight loss part... but the "who am I?" part. I am not having relationship issues, or having problems accepting the change... I just don't know what I want.

I don't see myself at my current weight... I see myself as fat. I don't know what I want to weigh because I think I will always want to lose more. Don't get me wrong, I feel so much better.... but I still don't know who this new body is.

I also have some other issues.... I still can't figure out what to do with that hole that eating has left. I still want to turn to eating for comfort... but I really can't anymore.. it just isn't possible. I have a lot of questions for myself that I just don't know how to ask... so I turn to the therapist. Here we go again!

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Hope the therapist brings you some peace - life is hard going sometimes huh?

CeeJay said...

Good for you! It is so important to be well both physically and emotionally. Wishing you well!

Maria said...

Good for you! I always say a little couch time never hurt anybody!

Rachel said...

I think its great that you are in therapy. I returned to therapy once I got banded 9/2010...The band is a great tool but it doesn't resolve all the issues that made me medicate with food. I support your decision and think its a great one.