Friday, May 24, 2013

Week 18 Weigh In

Ugh... I am getting frustrated.  I worked very hard stepping up my work outs and eating perfectly all week.  At one point I had a 4 lbs gain.  I finished out the week exactly 1 lb down.  That puts me at a total of 54 lbs down in 18 weeks.  I am starting to get a little discouraged.  My losses have been 1 lb for the last 3 weeks.  I expected a much better week this week.  O well, it is still going down.

I had my 3 month post op with my surgeon this week (though I am more like 4ish months post op).  He was very pleased and said I looked great and was doing great.  I told him I was frustrated by my rate of loss and he said that unfortunately, revisions are much tougher than first precedures.  He said there is more struggle with consecutive surgeries but that I am still very successful and should be pleased.  I am down 68 lbs from my highest weight pre band and that is fantastic.  If I continue to lose 1 lb a week I will still make my goal by my one year anniversary.  I have to just keep plugging away!

Happy Friday!  Have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend!

4 comments:

TracyZ said...

Same boat. I hate the slow losing. These past two weeks have been excruciating. I have been trying to focus on the positives - like that I didn't end the week up 5 pounds like I would have last summer!

Keep fighting the good fight!

Theresa said...

Slow is way better than NO...remember where you've been. You're still moving and doing just great!!!

Roo said...

Revision is always going to be slower because our metabolism has already changed so much with weight loss with the band. Hang in there, it will happen. It's frustrating but then you'll have a good weight loss one random week. Give the body time to catch up and this way it will be easier at maintenance. Keep up the great work

lori said...

yes, i am a revision also. slooow is not the word. but it is better than nooo. good things come to those that wait. concentrate on the good and how far you have come.