Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Can Totally Relate!


After I read Amy W's post about her "naked cry" I felt like I could have written that post. Lately, I have been bouncing back and forth between how much progress I have made and how I will always be fat. I feel like I just can't get out of the 170's and stay out. I keep bouncing up and down in the 160's back to the 170's. I have a really good week and feel great, just to be followed by a really hard week.


I know I have come a long way, I know I have lost a lot of weight. But I am really struggling now. I know who and where I want to be but I just can't seem to get there. I have had a great week. I am back to working out and feeling strong and making good food choices. But I still can't help but feel like I just haven't done enough, that I will never get there.


Blah... I talked to my therapist about this today. We are working on this together. I don't want to compare myself to others or decide on a goal weight based on what other people expect of me or think is a good weight for me. I want to be happy being me... and I will.


Step aerobics at 6 am tomorrow, hell yes!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Sounds like you are breaking this down to small manageable pieces.. baby steps.. sometimes we feel like we MUST master everything without failure.. and that is just not realistic.. life is a journey, ups and downs.. the important thing is that you keep moving forward.. go luck..hugs