Friday, January 28, 2011

Weigh In

So, Amy W posted a post about fighting the scale to get and stay below 170. It is funny, because I am having a very similar struggle. Her and I are the same height and right now, about the same weight. When I read her post I was pretty sure she had snuck into my mind and stolen it.

I have spent months bouncing between the low 170s and high 160s. I just can't seem to stay in the 160s and keep the momentum going. It is frustrating... it is anger inducing. However, I am working really hard to do. So the past couple weeks I have committed 150% to getting the weight off. I really want to hit my goal by summer. I have been doing hardcore cardio, counting my calories and protein, and working on sculpting. So, what does the scale say... anything from 171-169.

I know all the rational reasons for this, and I know the weight loss is coming. But man, it can be so frustrating! This morning I weighed in at 168.8 lbs. I lost a whole .2 lbs from last week. At least the scale is moving in the right direction.

I know there are lots of us struggling with that number on the scale right now, but like many have said... it is just a number and we will do it.

Have a great weekend all!

3 comments:

Amy W. said...

I am not even kidding you, hand to God, I weighed in this morning at 168.8 also!!!!!!!!! SHUT UP! So clearly, it is you who I will now blame for my lack of scale movement. On the other hand, if you lose and I don't...I may jump off a bridge.

WHAT IF THE SCALE NEVER MOVES AGAIN?!?!?

So I ate bacon and an ice cream sandwich for breakfast.

TAKE THAT SCALE!

Sandy Lee said...

I've been at 168.4 to 173 for five months now. It goes down and then up. I think my fill is finally kicking in. I can't eat as much so am hoping my weight goes down soon. I do remember a long time being at 170 for years. Makes one wonder if there really is a set point. But we will all keep trying and see where it goes. But I didn't have the bacon ice cream sandwich. Whoops, forgot the "and".

Gen said...

Sigh. If I could ever get out of the 180s....Its coming, I know it! But at this point I would give anything to be 168 to 173!

For me its all about the right restriction. I did not have it for months. Now that I have it, I'm terrified of losing it again!

Good luck, keep up the hard work and I know you will get there!