Saturday, July 17, 2010

Worst stuck EVER!

I am working today... boo hiss... and I brought a frozen meal for lunch. It is some pasta and chicken thing. I do not have issues with pasta ever. I even kind of feel like it is a slider for me. I am also much much tighter at lunch then I am at dinner. So... I make my little frozen entree and start eating. I get about half way done with it and *WHAM* stuck. I am eating lunch with a couple of co-workers/friends and they know all about my band. I try to fight down the slime but it is BAD. So I get up go to the bathroom and slime and slime and slime.

I think I feel better so I go back and sit with my co-workers. At this point I am still hoping maybe I can eat the rest of my lunch (I am still hungry). So I sit and wait... start sliming again... go the bathroom and big time PB. The stuck chicken comes back up. I feel better right away. So I wait a few minutes and decide to just eat the pasta. One bite... stuck. I start sliming right away, am hurting bad... back to the bathroom.... tons of slime and pbing but not feeling any better. This goes on for an hour! I finally drive to the store to get some papaya enzymes. I take 9 of those and start to feel better.

Finally at 3:45 I try to eat the yogurt I brought with me for a snack. It went down... no pb.. I feel better. Looks like mushies for dinner.

What did I learn from this:
~Do not EVER eat frozen meals with meat.. it is too tough
~Do not try to eat regular foods again after a pb.. go easy
~Papaya seems to actually help.. take it as soon as stuck
~I am much tighter at lunch then at dinner

Ugh... what a miserable way to spend a couple hours at work! Anyway, no other real weekend plans. Hope you all are enjoying your weekends!

3 comments:

Dinnerland said...

Important breakthroughs in terms of learning.. it seems an endless process, but eventually, I have a feeling these lessons will be ingrained.

THE DASH! said...

Oh boy, have I been there before - the issue with me was sausage and though I cut it into the smallest pieces possible it still got me in the end. Nasty. I'm so glad you got through it ok. It's just another lesson learned, huh? x

Lap Band Gal said...

hang in there...PS love your new profile pic :)