Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Visit With The Wonderful Dr. Katz

As always, I was so happy to see Dr. Katz today. I weighed in 6 lbs lower then the last time I saw him and he was very pleased. I was able to drop another pound this morning and am sitting pretty at 195. I have lost 48% of my excess weight. Wow! If I can keep this roll going I can get myself into the 180's in a few weeks. Anyway, Dr. Katz asked me how I was doing and I told him wonderful, except that I am still able to eat too much and don't stay full as long as I would like. He asked me what I wanted to do and I said, "how about a half cc." He agreed.

I know I have said before that I am not interested in being super tight. I like to be able to eat and want to be able to eat most things in moderation and with proper chewing. I felt like with a little tweak I could maintain my current eating but in smaller amounts. We will see if this proves the case. I will say that I had a yogurt today and it was really gurgling and taking its time going down. It has also kept me pretty full for about 3 hours. We will see. I am probably swollen and some of my restriction may go.. but so far so good.

I am feeling much more upbeat today and the weather is beautiful. My parents are coming to visit tomorrow (they life 8 hours away) and I am so excited to see them. Hope you all are having a good week!

3 comments:

THE DASH! said...

I am totally with you there - having a large fill is totally counter-productive. You have to be able to eat (and drink!)
Have fun with your parents tomorrow. Its going to be so much fun.

Miss Vickie "The Queen Bee" said...

Hmmm.....good to know about not having a large fill. I tell you I learn more and more everyday! Thanks and I am sure your parents are going to be so happy to see less of you!

amandakiska said...

I just found your blog and I am so inspired. I was just banded last month and it is great to see people who are getting close to their goals. In fact I weighed 259 this morning which I noticed was your start weight. I've lost 21 lbs. so far. Keep blogging!