Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Visit With The Wonderful Dr. Katz

As always, I was so happy to see Dr. Katz today. I weighed in 6 lbs lower then the last time I saw him and he was very pleased. I was able to drop another pound this morning and am sitting pretty at 195. I have lost 48% of my excess weight. Wow! If I can keep this roll going I can get myself into the 180's in a few weeks. Anyway, Dr. Katz asked me how I was doing and I told him wonderful, except that I am still able to eat too much and don't stay full as long as I would like. He asked me what I wanted to do and I said, "how about a half cc." He agreed.

I know I have said before that I am not interested in being super tight. I like to be able to eat and want to be able to eat most things in moderation and with proper chewing. I felt like with a little tweak I could maintain my current eating but in smaller amounts. We will see if this proves the case. I will say that I had a yogurt today and it was really gurgling and taking its time going down. It has also kept me pretty full for about 3 hours. We will see. I am probably swollen and some of my restriction may go.. but so far so good.

I am feeling much more upbeat today and the weather is beautiful. My parents are coming to visit tomorrow (they life 8 hours away) and I am so excited to see them. Hope you all are having a good week!

3 comments:

THE DASH! said...

I am totally with you there - having a large fill is totally counter-productive. You have to be able to eat (and drink!)
Have fun with your parents tomorrow. Its going to be so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....good to know about not having a large fill. I tell you I learn more and more everyday! Thanks and I am sure your parents are going to be so happy to see less of you!

Amanda Kiska said...

I just found your blog and I am so inspired. I was just banded last month and it is great to see people who are getting close to their goals. In fact I weighed 259 this morning which I noticed was your start weight. I've lost 21 lbs. so far. Keep blogging!