Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Dr's Appointment That Didn't Happen, and Eating More

So my 1 month follow up was supposed to be yesterday.  Though I am already moving on to 6 months post op next Wednesday and past my one month.  I didn't end up going because the weather was really crappy and I drive about an hour to get to my surgeons office.  I am now going for my 1 month on Tuesday. 

Last night we had a bunch of people over and it was a drink fest with lots of pizza and alcohol and cookies.  I ended up eating about 1300 calories yesterday... first of all, it is amazing I was able to do this.. but between 2 glasses of wine, a bunch of peanut butter m&ms and 2 chocolate chip cookies... the deed was done.  I didn't have pizza cause I am still on soft food... cookies are not considered soft food.. so that was just plain cheating.  I am not sure what got into me but I think all the self pity and annoyance over food issues got to me.  The funny thing is, is that it got my weight loss moving again.  This always seems to happen with me.  Now keep in mind this is the first time I have had more than 800 calories in nearly 6 weeks and that I am fully aware that I can not make a habit of this.  So, today I am back to eating my usual high protein low carb low cal diet.  I am not going to lie... I enjoyed it.

Happy Saturday, I am working.

No comments: