Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tricky eating

So I will be 4 weeks post op tomorrow and I am still trying to get the hang of eating soft foods.  Things like cottage cheese and yogurt and cheese seem to be no problem.  Fish is easy... other meat.. tricky.  I have been eating turkey lunch meat wrapped around a piece of cheese.  I have to eat very slowly, which I suck at.  I always eat too fast and then end up with a little pain.  I keep practicing but at work I just can't seem to remember to eat slow.  I am very aware of the amount I am eating so I have never eaten too much.  I will pretty much be on this same diet for the next 6 weeks.  Then I can add in raw veggies and fruits.  I can't wait.  I love salads and I am really missing them.

My back is still giving me big trouble.  I hurt most of the time.  By the time night rolls around I am so much pain I just can't wait to go to bed.  It has certainly improved but now I feel like the improving has sort of leveled off.  I am going to the chiropractor 3x a week.  It helps, but not enough.  Back pain is so frustrating. 

My weight loss is moving a long nicely this week.  I will have an official weigh-in tomorrow.  Being that it is fat Tuesday, people in the metro Detroit area celebrate with paczkis which is a Polish filled donut.  I never really liked them but people have been trying shove them down my throat all day.  I can't eat them, and I am okay with that.  None-the-less, I hope you all are enjoying your fat Tuesday!

No comments: