Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Week 3

I weighed myself this morning and I lost a very underwhelming .8 lbs.  That makes a total of 18 lbs including my 4 pre-op, so 14 lbs in 3 weeks isn't bad.  It is however frustrating because 12 of that was in the first 5 days after surgery.  O well.. I know how this works and I am sure I will start losing more again soon.  Today I can start soft foods so that means lean tender meats, seafood and fish and cooked/canned fruits and veggies.  I am looking forward to it.

My back is still miserable.  Whatever I did to it, it isn't bouncing back.  I have an appointment at the chiropractor during my lunch hour today.  While at work I have to lay on the floor and stretch every hour so I don't get even more spasms.  It is getting ridiculous.

I wanted to mention one of the most delicious things I have tried in a long time.  I have been living on protein shakes for the last 4 weeks and I am getting so tired of the flavors.  I had read about PB2, the powdered peanut butter, on multiple blogs in the past but never tried it.  I finally ordered some last week and it came yesterday.  OMYGOD!  2 tablespoons of PB2 in a chocolate protein shake and heaven follows.  It is 45 calories for 2 tablespoons and has 5 grams of protein!  I am not sure why I didn't try this earlier, but it is delightful.

No comments: