Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday = Fill

I have had a sort of crazy past 5 or so days. I have been super worried about one of our cats. She had a lump which the vet was very concerned about. We found out last Wednesday and the cat had surgery today. Fortunately, the vet though everything looked really good and said it looked to her to be a cyst. She said she really wasn't worried about it. They sent it off to pathology, which will make us 100% certain, but I feel so much better today. I was so afraid it was going to be bad news.

Our pets are like our children. We love them so much and couldn't imagine losing them. I know the time will come, but little Sophia is very young and active. The thought of her being sick was shocking and devastating. So... this all lead to some really bad eating. My weight was not my priority and I just didn't care.

I went in for a fill today and I was up a couple pounds. I always weigh a little heavier on his scale so I am not sure how real that gain is. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and update my ticker accordingly.

I was so happy to see Dr. Katz. He is wonderful and always tells me how amazing I am doing on my weight loss. He asked me how much I can eat... which honestly, I don't really get full, so I told him. He said I need another cc. So, he gave me 1 cc, had me drink some water and all was well. He did tell me he would like to see me down another 10 by my next appointment 4 weeks from today. He knows my motivation has been waining and thought a challenge might help. I think I can do it.. especially if this fill gets me to where I think it will.

The funny thing is... I don't really know how much I have in my band. I was filled during a revision surgery and Dr. Katz doesn't remember how much he put in. He doesn't feel that the number is that important and he doesn't draw my fill out before adding more. He had given me a guess last time I saw him but I don't remember. I do believe I am over half full with my 10 cc band. I think he thought I was over five last time so I am thinking I am 6-6.5 cc. After my fill last month I was no longer able to eat rice or bread and had to chew much more carefully. I was starting to feel like I couldn't push the volume of food quite as much.

Anyway, today turned out to be a really good day. I feel good, and am ready to get a jump on the weight loss again. How are all you guys doing?

5 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Aww...poor kitty and poor you. We have two kitties too! Good luck no your 10lb challenge. I'd love for you to follow me too if you can!

Amy W. said...

I understand where you are coming from about furry children. I love mine to the moon and back. We have 2 cats and one dog. Rambo is our youngest cat and my boss gave him to us over a year ago. He is cranky and not always nice. Gracy is MY cat and I have had her since she was a kitty...about 4 or 5 years now. I am thinking about letting my mom have her bc my mom has had bad luck finding a loving cat...and my parents are retired so Gracy would always have a lap to sleep on. I just dont know though...I love her to bits. My dog shelby is 11 this year. And when the time comes for him to not be with me anymore...it will not be good. Let's not think about that!

Glad you got a fill!

Nicole said...

I am ready to not be able to eat bread. PLEASE restriction - come and get me.

I think I have nearly 8ccs in my 14cc band and it is a rare occassion that I feel full.

I think I am going to ask them to use the new fluroscope machine at my next fill.

SuperMegaAnna said...

Nicole, getting filled under fluro is so cool. You can watch the band in action! I was so looking forward to not being able to eat bread but now I miss it. However, I am so so happy to have any sort of restriction. It will come for you, I am sure of it!

Band-Babe said...

I nominated you for the BB award. I did a real quickie post so that my nominees could get started on their responses. :)