Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday, a not so hungry day

Yesterday I was starving all day long. I worked 12-6 and was busy the entire time but I was still starving! I wanted to eat everything in site. I did eat way more then usual during the day but was able to tame the hunger beast by the time I left work. I got home around 6:20 and made myself some salmon. I don't like fish but I am working towards a better relationship with it.

I am learning more to eat for fuel and not so much for fun. I have found incorporating fish has worked wonders for that. I don't hate it but I don't find a great deal of pleasure in it either.

Today I am not hungry. I have eaten a few small things but just don't really want to eat. I put a pork loin in the crock pot before I left for work this morning. I am thinking that will smell good when I get home and I am going to roast some fingerling potatoes. I am not worried about not eating enough. I don't seem to have a problem getting in the calories!

2 comments:

meandmygizmo said...

I like salmon cooked on the grill with seasoning stuff on top! Also like talipia in tin foil with seasoning baked in the oven. Good in protein and low in calories. Not a hungry day is a good thing in my book! ;-)

Sally Hamilton said...

Have you tried tilapia? It's a very mild fish, and is inexpensive. If you get your skillet and a tiny amount of oil screaming hot then put the fish in, the outside of the fish will sear and have a delightful texture without any breading. I'm 14 months out from my lapband surgery, have lost 111 lbs. and am at my goal. My blog is sallyslapbandjourney.blogspot.com. Good luck to you.