Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend Report (AKA Weekend Confession)

I had a really great weekend. It was so much fun and I enjoyed spending time with my husband and my friends. I also enjoyed the eating part a little too much. Friday night my husband and I went bowling, we haven't been bowling in forever and it felt like a fun little high school date. He got a few beers and I considered getting a glass of wine but felt like I could do with out... and seriously.. who drinks wine at a bowling alley!

Saturday I worked and Jason (my husband) and I had planned to go out to dinner. I had already had some ideas where I wanted to go and had looked at menus so I could feel confident about my dinner. Well as soon as I got to work my friend Kim asked me to go to lunch with her. Of course I said yes and she let me pick due to my dietary restrictions. I ended up getting a small bowl of white chicken and bean chili.

Right before I left work my husband called and said we had been invited to go out to dinner with another couple. We decided on middle eastern food. So... I had good intentions, but when we actually got to the restaurant all those intentions fell to the wayside. My husband and I shared a meal. We ordered chicken kabobs with grilled veggies and a side of hummus. It also came with lentil soup, my favorite! I ate the lentil soup, then ate chicken drowning in hummus and garlic sauce and a bunch of veggies dipped in hummus and garlic sauce. In reality, this is good healthy food. There is some olive oil involved but chicken and hummus and lentils and veggies are good stuff. I just ate too much. I am not really sure how much... I am guessing a couple cups all together. I felt slightly guilty about this but got over it.
Friday I had worked out a lot and planned to do a good hard run on Sunday as well.

Sunday I slept in until almost 10 am. It was amazing. It felt so good. I got out of bed, got on my workout clothes, and hit the treadmill. I jogged for about 30 minutes and decided to follow it up with some kick boxing. I felt good about this and ate a really healthy practical lunch. My husband is a teacher and had lots of planning to do for the week so he was busy all day. I didn't feel like cooking, I cook every night, and we needed some groceries. I suggested we go to Plum Market ( a smaller cuter Whole Foods) and pick something up. Well, they have the most amazing hot bar. It is HUGE. I had been craving Indian food and they had a whole delicious section of the hot bar dedicated to Indian fare. So I picked up the little take-out box and put in a scoop of two different kinds of chicken, a chick pea dish, and couple small potatoes and carrots. It tasted incredible.

I don't really think I ate that bad, it is just the fact that I don't know how bad. Plus this Saturday we have a party. A group of couples and us do this monthly dinner party taking turns hosting. I know it will be amazing food and drink. Guess I will just have to exercise some more!

No comments: