Thursday, October 22, 2009

Therapy Session

Today I went to my weekly therapy session. I love these sessions. I really like my therapist and I feel like I really make great strides each visit. I feel like really getting to know myself is what is making the difference this time. I obviously have very strong feelings about food and there are reasons behind those feelings.

I am learning to cope with my new lifestyle and to treat myself with the respect I deserve. The largest challenge is learning to forgive myself for not being perfect. I need to still be able to be me and be healthy and moderate. I am impulsive and passionate by nature so tempering these wild sides takes work, and I don't want to deny them completely. My therapist has helped me to understand that there was never anything wrong with "me". Th problem only lies in how I handle my feelings.


Anyway... all is well... tomorrow is weigh in. Still no news on my fill appointment (grumble).

No comments: